Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wibbly, Wobbly, Timey, Wimey...

So there's not much to update about my life, but I'm rather bored this morning so I thought I'd try and think of something to write about :p

I had a real miracle in my life this last week as I prepared to teach the Gospel Doctrine class in church. (not a spiritual miracle...just a miracle, lol). I usually teach Temple Prep, but when the semesters change over the get rid of the "extra" classes for a few weeks and just divide the remaining teaches between the Gospel Doctrine classes. Three weeks ago, the departing sunday school president emailed us a schedule of who would teach when. I was assigned to teach with some girl I didn't know and it I was FREAKING out about it....I was really looking for *any* excuse to not do it. But of course I bit the bullet and got together with my partner and we planned the lesson out. She even told me that she was not looking forward to it either (it's intimidating to teach college students! Of course now I'm older than practically all of them....I'm old, lol), so that made me feel better, knowing it was not just me. So we were all prepared, went to church, sat through Sacrament, went up to the classroom, got set up...just as we're about to start, these two guys walk up and tell us that *they* had been assigned to teach that week! Not wanting to interfer with the good system of the church ( ::winkwink:: ) we graciously backed down and let them teach (the new sunday school president apparently didn't coordinate with the old one, lol). Anywho, small miracle I guess ;) I'll take what I can get :p

Still no luck on the job front. And that's all I really have to say about that.

Still SO hooked on Doctor Who that it's probably quite pathetic. Of course, this is how I always get when I find something new, I get addicted to it for a little while, lol. But I'm afraid this show is just going to go on forever and I'll never get my life back!!! ::sigh:: Now if only I could find someone (in this country who I don't just know over the internet) who watched the show so I could rant about it with them!! TOO MUCH IN MY HEAD :p

I've started going back to grandma after almost two weeks of practically no visits to her. I felt very bad about it, but I really didn't want to hear any more from her about how badly I need to find a job. Thankfully the last few times I've visited, she's cooled the subject down a lot. Matt and his family have been staying there this weekend while they are "between" houses so that was fun to be able to go over there and spend time with them as well. Ellie is getting so grown up, it's crazy...and she's got a little brother now!! I got to go to the hospital a day or two after Kayden was born and I saw him and held him!! He was so tiny! but at the same time he wasn't! He's doing so well and is so healthy, that is definitley a miracle :D When I held him, he still had an IV on him that was running through the top of his head :( I know it was for his benefit, but it just looked so terrible, I'm glad that they've been able to move the IV since then. Matt still doesn't know when Kayden will be able to come home, but he's doing so well, and with the family in the process of moving, it's probably a blessing that he's out of Tyrelle, but still in the hospital.

Alright, well that's all I got! Till next time, people...

1 comment:

  1. I never knew you taught temple prep, thats intersting :)
    Lucky you!!!! thats amazing haha. I wish I was lucky enough for "miracles" like that to happen to me lol :p I have the worst of luck. sorry I only know you over the internet, I would be your willing Dw rant buddy :p

    ReplyDelete