Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shipmates again, Jim!

So I did my first Anatomy lab today. They provided a cd with some short little lessons about basic anatomy from TA's who stood infront of a sheet hung on a wall and were dressed very eighties. It probably would have been captivating if they weren't talking about the vocabulary of cutting kadavers in half and studying them. I'm just not into that sort of thing. There's a reason I'm not going to be a doctor. I'm going to work with children, and none of them will bleed in front of me (ha, yeah right).

Of course, as much as I complain about anatomy, as always, it does make you believe in God, like whoa. I honestly don't know how people can study science like that and think all of this just happened by chance. It boggles the mind.

I did another Robin Hood video yesterday, for no other reason than the fact that my back was hurting and making videos doesn't require much movement. This one I made for my neice, Elizabeth, who turns 10 on Sunday. Does that make me feel old or what? lol. Well it makes me feel like a cheap aunt, but I know she'll like it anyway. Besides, she's nice to me when I give her things and I'm all about the bribing at this point. It seems to be the only thing that works.



Todd seems to be doing better than he was last week. We took away the extra meds that we had started to give him and he's reverted back to his old self. It's crazy how one little half of a pill can just make him practically dead to the world. It makes us wonder what he would be like if he didn't take any of that medication. Of course it would probably mean he would have a seizure every week, but if he could learn to talk and interact with people it's almost a tempting trade off.

The fabric I bought with Kirsti continues to lay on the extra bed in my room, waiting for me to decide to do something with it. Of course now I find out that mom doesn't actually have her sewing machine any more, and of course this means nothing to me because I don't know how to sew anyway, lol. But honestly, if I ever actually make that dress, it's pretty much going to be amazing.

(ps. This is a continuation of an online journal I used to keep. I think most people who read this will know me enough to understand the references I make to my life, so if you don't....well, sorry. Hopefully you can catch up through my innuendo, haha)

1 comment:

  1. But I have a sewing machine, and 'sew' does Heidi and we are going to get it done! speaking of which, we need to get some more of the green fabric, or something to line the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete